EVENTS& FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR
20 hours per week + some volunteer hours as required
Send your applications by Friday 15 December 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org
104.1 CHYFM is a not-for-profit, charitable organisation that runs on the hard work, goodwill, passion and dedication of staff and volunteers and the generosity of subscribers, donors and sponsors who fund the station.
Since 1973, 104.1 CHY FM is a youth-focused community radio station that has provided a range of engaging and empowering volunteer opportunities for those who seek to make a valuable contribution and have their voice in the community through the medium of radio and possibly go on to a media career.
Our mission at 104.1 CHY FM is to Entertain, Inspire, Inform, Educate and give a voice to the youth of the Coffs Harbour area. 104.1 CHY FM brings back the excitement, passion, expression, energy, personality and vitality to radio. People are listening, and they are listening to us!
As a fully independent, community broadcaster, it is up to 104.1 CHYFM to work with the community and other charitable organisations to raise funds for the station and other worthy causes.
The Events and Fundraising Coordinator we seek is a talented and highly motivated professional responsible for creating, developing, managing, running and delivering a range of fundraising activities, events and initiatives that promote brand awareness, community connection and participation.
The Sponsorship, Events and Fundraising Coordinator will also seek opportunities to fundraise with other locally-based not-for-profit organisations.
You will work closely with the Station Manager and Sponsorship Coordinator to ensure all fundraising ventures are conducted within community broadcasting guidelines, Australian Charities and Not-for-profit Commission legal requirements.
This position requires excellent written skills, the ability to work to deadlines, an excellent eye for detail, computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, administration and organisational skills and an excellent phone manner.
The successful candidate would have a genuine interest in community radio, with an understanding of the mission, vision and values of 104.1 CHY FM, its standing and its importance in the Coffs community. Experience in running events and working with volunteers.
Duties and responsibilities:
· Create, develop, organise and deliver effective, innovative and creative fundraising initiatives and events with community involvement and participation
· Connect and establish joint fundraising events and activities with locally-based not-for-profit organisations
· Keeping abreast of community events, industry developments, trends, venues, promoters
· Reporting, data collection and post-campaign analysis
· Develop effective, innovative and creative events and fundraisers
· Develop increased participation for the Subscriber Discounter program
· Develop excellent and effective working relationships with 104.1 CHY FM staff, volunteers
· Manage all social media channels
· Maintain and nurture relationships with existing clients and develop new prospects
- A genuine interest in community radio, with an understanding of the mission, vision and values of 104.1 CHY FM, its standing and its importance in the Coffs community.
· Experience in managing successful events andprojects
· Must have current Working With Children Check (NSW)
· Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
· Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office Suiteincluding Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
· Knowledge and ability in database creation andmanagement and Photoshop/Canva are a plus.
· Positive and friendly personality and a strong workethic
· Client relationship management
· Ability to organise and maintain multiple tasks,projects or demands and deliver these on time
· Flexibility, the ability to think on your feet andoutside the box
· Must have own car
· Must have own laptop
· Must have own mobile phone
Hours of work:
This role is based around a part-time 20-hour week. Some outside of regular office hours maybe required. Some volunteer hours mayalso be required.
· Cover letter – including why you want to work at104.1 CHY FM and what you will bring/contribute.
· Address to the selection criteria
· Three referees (two work, one personal)
Send your applications by Friday 15 December 2023 to email@example.com
On-Air Presenter Workshop - 16 to 20 January 2024
104.1 CHY FM – Coffs Harbour Youth Community Radio – will be holding its popular On-Air Presenter Workshop from Tuesday 16 to Saturday 20 January 2024. Each day the course will run from 10am to 3pm. The On-Air Presenter Workshop is specifically designed for Year 7 to 12 students with an interest in broadcast media. The workshops are industry-based and delivered by industry professionals with vast broadcasting experience.Read more
Employment Opportunity - Events & Fundraising Coordinator
104.1 CHYFM is a not-for-profit, charitable organisation that runs on the hard work, goodwill, passion and dedication of staff and volunteers and the generosity of subscribers, donors and sponsors who fund the station. As a fully independent, community broadcaster, it is up to 104.1 CHYFM to work with the community and other charitable organisations to raise funds for the station and other worthy causes. The Events and Fundraising Coordinator we seek is a talented and highly motivated professional responsible for creating, developing, managing, running and delivering a range of fundraising activities, events and initiatives that promote brand awareness, community connection and participation.Read more
September School Holidays - Five-Day On-Air Presenter Workshop
Back by popular demand, 104.1 CHYFM – Coffs Harbour Youth Community Radio – is holding another five-day On-Air Presenter Workshop during the September School Holidays - Monday 25 to Friday 29 September. Hurry - places are limited!Read more
104.1 CHYFM @ Dolphin Marine Conservation Park Fun Day Fundraiser
The A to Z of Everything with Amber and Zoe - broadcasts live from Dolphin Marine Conservation Park's Fun Day Fundraiser!Read more
104.1 CHYFM New Graduates Ready To Take To The Airwaves
Four new volunteer on-air announcers are preparing to take to the airwaves, having completed the 104.1 CHYFM On-Air Presenter Workshop during the July school holidays.Read more
NAIDOC Week 2023 - For Our Elders - 104.1 CHYFM and Uncle Richard Widders & Koah
104.1 CHYFM is proud to announce our acknowledgement and contribution to National NAIDOC Week 2023.Read more
104.1 CHYFM - On-Air Presenter School Holiday Workshops
104.1 CHYFM – Coffs Harbour Youth Community Radio – is holding two, five-day On-Air Presenter Workshops during the July School Holidays. Week 1 - Monday 3 to Friday 7 July - 10am to 3pm Week 2 - Monday 10 to Friday 14 July - 10am to 3pmRead more
104.1 CHYFM and the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks - Game Day - Fundraising Day - Fun Day
What a win by the Cronulla Sutherland Sharks, and what a fun afternoon on The A to Z of Everything! As well as the usual commentary on their crazy lives, Amber and Zoe Hill got amongst the exciting Game Day atmosphere at Cex Stadium and on the airwaves – broadcasting live in full view of all attendees.Read more
104.1 CHYFM - NRL Game Day - Live Broadcast - Media Assistant - Fundraiser
Cex Stadium will be alive with sports fans and activity on Saturday, 20 May, when Round 12 of the NRL comes to Coffs Harbour. It's a sell-out home game for the Cronulla Sharks when they take on the Newcastle Knights, and the youth community radio station, 104.1 CHYFM, will certainly have a presence.Read more
104.1 CHYFM Selected as Cronulla Sutherland Sharks "from The Heart" Giving Partner for 2023
The Cronulla Sutherland Sharks have announced their From the Heart Giving Partners for 2023 in supporting charities, not-for-profit, and community organisations. There is one national, two from the Southerland Shire and one regional. This year’s From the Heart partners are Gymea Community Aid and Information Services, the Sutherland Hospital, Feel The Magic and Coffs Harbour’s Community Radio 104.1 CHY FM.Read more
104.1 CHYFM – Cronulla Sharks “From The Heart” Community Bay Ticket Raffle
104.1 CHYFM is conducting a raffle to give away four x double passes to the “Sharks Have Heart” Community Bay at the upcoming Cronulla Sharks v Newcastle Knights NRL Round 12 game on Saturday, 20 May.Read more